Data Cleansing And Enrichment Services
Data cleansing, data cleaning, or data scrubbing is the process of detecting and correcting (or removing) corrupt or inaccurate records from a record set, table, or database. Data cleansing professionals at Outsource Data Services will work on your existing databases to identify incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate and irrelevant parts of the data and then replace, modify, or delete this dirty/coarse data. It is a viable option to outsource your Data Cleansing and Enrichment services to a specialist firm like Outsource Data Services. We can help you save a lot of time, which can be used for your core competencies. Outsourcing Data Cleansing and Enrichment Services will also reduce your operational costs and this capital can then be used for business development or marketing campaigns. There are several reasons why a firm may need data cleansing and enrichment services. Administratively, incorrect or inconsistent data can lead to false conclusions and misdirected investments on both public and private scales. For instance, a government is to carry out population census and this data will help them make investments and infrastructural decisions. In this case, it will be important to have access to reliable data to avoid erroneous fiscal decisions. Similarly in the business world, incorrect data can be costly and can hamper and dent your company’s image and credibility.
Many companies use customer information databases that record data like contact information, addresses, and preferences. For instance, if the addresses are inconsistent, the company will suffer the cost of re-sending mail or even losing customers. Similarly, Data enrichment is a general term that refers to processes used to enhance, refine or otherwise improve raw data. This idea and other similar concepts contribute to making data a valuable asset for almost any modern business or enterprise. It also shows the common imperative of proactively using this data in various ways.
Services we offer as part of Data Cleansing & Enrichment Services include the following:
- Identifying and eliminating duplicate and incorrect entries – Removal of duplicate or redundant data will save you on costly storage space. Data cleansing professional at Outsource Data services will also proofread records and correct typographical mistakes, grammatical variations, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Consolidation and interlinking multiple data sources – A consolidated and interlinked data source is easy to manage and analyze. It becomes easier to cleanse and enrich as well.
- Removal of obsolete data – Data which is no longer relevant is removed. This provides better focus and ensures error-free, meaningful and up-to-date data.
- Enrichment of data – Existing database is re formatted with product attributes, images, and manufacturer specifications
- Identifying and tagging similar records and conducting a subsequent manual review
- Standardizing database – All attributes in a database are standardized for uniformity, ensuring data is clean and consistent across the enterprise
- Normalizing database – Your current customer records and checked and analyzed. We then normalize and reformat it as per your requirements
- Completion of missing entries – We identify missing and incomplete records and then replace it with relevant and pertinent data, thus making sure that your database is complete and up to date.
- Verifying and validating the accuracy of customer data – Post data cleansing and data enrichment, we crosscheck the resultant data against reliable data sources. This ensures data authenticity.
- Output is provided in any digital format of your choice, namely – word, excel, pdf, csv, rtf, etc.
We provide Data cleansing and Enrichment services by using the following processes:
- Data De-duplication: Data de-duplication (often called “intelligent compression” or “single-instance storage”) is a method of reducing storage needs by eliminating redundant data. Only one unique instance of the data is actually retained on storage media, such as disk or tape.
- Data Standardization: Standardization is the process by which similar data received in various formats is transformed to a common format that enhances the comparison process. For example, street names commonly contain directions, like North or West. The standardization routines at Outsource Data Services would format these values to “N” or “W” in order to speed up the comparison process
- Data Normalization: Database Normalization is a technique of organizing the data in the database. Normalization is a systematic approach of decomposing tables to eliminate data redundancy and undesirable characteristics like Insertion, Update and Deletion Anomalies.
- Data Scrubbing: Data scrubbing, also called data cleansing is the process of amending or removing data in a database that is incorrect, incomplete, improperly formatted, or duplicated.
- Data Verification/Validation: Data Verification is a process in which different types of data are checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data cleansing is done. Data validation is the process of ensuring that a database consists of clean, correct and useful data.
- Database Maintenance and Update: Database Maintenance is a term we use to describe a set of tasks that are all carried out with the intention to improve your This ensures up-to-date and relevant database.
- OCR Clean Up: During OCR there is a possibility of data being lost in the conversion process. Thus, a parallel clean-up operation or ICR clean-up is initiated to recover the lost data and improve the quality of the process.