Document Image Processing Services
Document image processing is an information technology category for systems capable of replicating documents commonly used in business. Document imaging systems can take many forms including microfilm, on demand printers, facsimile machines, copiers, multifunction printers, document scanners, computer output microfilm (COM) and archive writers. Document Imaging means the conversion of paper files (of any size or description) or microfilm / fiche to digital images. As part of document image processing services, the paper documents are initially scanned, indexed and stored in the hard disk or any other required location. It is easy to define document image processing as scanning-indexing-storing-retrieving-managing. The final outcome of document image processing will be in compatible electronic format, which makes documents easier and quicker to access. Document image processing comprises of a set of simple techniques and procedures, which are used to work upon the images of documents and convert them from pixel information into a format that can be read by a computer.
Outsource data services has over three decades of experience in the document imaging and data capture arena. We have experience scanning and hosting everything from antique postage stamps to engineering drawings and can process and convert data from nearly every conceivable media including original paper documents, books, maps, X-rays, blueprints, CD/DVDs, optical media, magnetic media, and digital media.
Document imaging or Document Image Processing Services Include:
- We can scan, index and store hard copy documents (paper documents, handwritten notes, books) into any database format of your choice.
- Data entry operators at ODS can also help you extract pertinent data from your existing scanned documents such as jpeg, tiff, png, pdf, etc.
- We can rid scanned documents of artifacts and imperfections such as hole punches, skewed angles, borders, and dust specks.
- Latest technology like Automated Document Recognition (ADR) & Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is used for data capture.
- We follow a 3 stage process of Scanning, indexing and storage of image data.
- Latest scanners and state of the art technology is used which is capable of Automatic Document Classification, Barcode Detection and Decoding, Automatic Indexing and Automatic Data Extraction.
- Manual Indexing as well as Automatic Indexing is carried out which involves labeling and indexing the digitized images. Well indexed documents enable you to easily and efficiently retrieve critical information.
- The processed image data can then be manually fed into any database format of your choice. We are capable of keying-in data into an online as well as offline database.
Enhance the quality of the scanned Images by performing the below mentioned image cleanup techniques
- Auto Invert
- Auto Orient
- Auto Trim
- Binary Filter
- Border Removal
- Dilation Filter
- Dot Removal
- Erosion Filter
- Glare Detection
- High Quality Rotate
- Hole Punch Removal
- Inverted Text Detection and Correction
- Line Removal
- Smoothening of the Document
- Text Blur Detection