Jet.com Product Upload Services
Jet.com is an American e-commerce company and a prominent feature of the site is its pricing scheme. Pricing adjustments are offered to encourage users to buy more items at once and to purchase items that are located in the same distribution center, thus making the purchases less expensive for the company to collect and ship. As users add items to their virtual shopping cart, they are encouraged to select additional items using pricing incentives. Pricing options are also offered during the check-out process, such as having the user opt out of the ability to return merchandise for free in exchange for a reduced price. Users are also offered a price incentive to use a debit card rather than a credit card for purchases.
Jet.com is the new whiz kid in the eCommerce block that’s taking on Amazon with lower price guarantees (strengthened with several hundreds of millions in venture funding). It has started well and already come up the eCommerce marketplace, currently at fourth position as far as generating GMV (gross merchandise volume) is concerned, according to Channel Advisor. After only a couple of months, Jet.com is already larger than established marketplaces like Tesco, Best Buy, Sears, and others. Selling at Jet.com is not that straight forward and you will need expertise and a specialized vendor to handle jet.com data entry and jet.com product upload. We can help you achieve that with our dedicated team of jet store product upload professionals.
The JET.com marketplace does NOT offer sellers an administrator panel to manage your inventory and orders. This is why you need Outsource Data Services. This may sound crazy, but they actually expect sellers to do one of the following:
- Build their own back-end (which requires months of work for a skilled developer, and monthly maintenance of the system because JET updates and adjusts their API on a regular basis)
- Use one of many very expensive third party companies that offer integration with Jet (this includes fees, commission, and long-term commitments)
We have a very affordable solution for merchants to start selling on JET right away. If you sell on Jet.com, you need an API so that you can send your product feed to Jet. We can help you with that.
Services we offer as part of our Jet.com Product Upload Services:
We have in-depth knowledge of the intricacies involved with selling on jet.com. We will help you with the following:
Helping you sell the right product (Choosing your inventory) – Jet.com does not allow selling of following items on his marketplace. So completely avoid these items in your product list.
- Refurbished/Remanufactured/Reconditioned/Used productsPROHIBITED ITEMS ON JET
- Non-manufacturer-approved bundles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal items
- Drugs/Controlled Substances
- Hazardous or Dangerous Chemicals
Adding Product Attributes: – Most of us are familiar with this term and it means a unique id or number which helps to identify the product uniquely. There are some key fields such as Merchant Id, Unique Id, and Product Title etc. which needs to be provided. We will help your product to be listed quickly and have a quality listing on Jet by providing both mandatory and optional information. Jet always matches your product with their existing catalog and based on that it has provided some more fields of information which are mandatory to be provided if the product is not present in their catalog and optional for those who are providing an option to an existing product. Below are the additional fields of information:
- Jet Browse Node ID
- Product Description
- Product Image
- Package Dimensions
- Shipping Weight
Adding Unique Identifiers – There is only one listing per product on Jet which means you need to provide unique identifiers for the product with the help which Jet can actually match the product in their catalog. Some of those identifiers used by Jet are:
- UPC (Unique Product Code, valid value: 12 digits)
- EAN (International Article Number, valid value: 13 digits)
- GTIN (Global Trade Item Number, valid value 14 digits)
- ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number)
- ISBN10 (International Standard Book Number, 10 digits)
- ISBN13 (International Standard Book Number, 13 digits)
We Follow Multi-Pack Quantity Convention: We specify this unique number during listing. It is basically a number of items, based on the standard product code, that makes up your merchant SKU.
Mapping to Jet Browse Node Ids: There are different levels of Jet Browse Node Ids – Level 0 , Level 1 , Level 2. In order to appear in related search results, it is really important to list the product under the Level 2 Browse Node IDs.
Images: The images we use adhere to the Jet Product Listing Policy and follow the below guidelines:
- Images should have a valid URL, Images should not include any retailer-specific marketing language, such as “Customer Favorite” or “Featured Product” Remove all ‘No Image Available’.
- Accepted image formats include: image/x-xbitmap image/x-ms-bmp image/bmp image/jpeg image/jpg image/pjpeg image/tif image/gif image/png
Title Formatting: The title we use adhere to the Jet Product Listing Policy. The title chosen is as close as possible to the manufacturer title.
- Match manufacturer approved title wherever possible.
- Remove ellipses (…) from the end of titles.
- Check for titles that are truncated.
- Remove attributes (colors, sizes, etc.).
- Remove pricing information.
- Remove shipping information.
- Remove special characters that are not part of the manufacturer title.
Product Description: We don’t mention unnecessary information and provide matter only related to the product. The language used is proper and is not a specific retailer marketing stuff.
Attributes Assignment: We assign all valid attributes to the product . Jet relies heavily on their partner to provide correct attributes to the product which makes a pleasant shopping experience for the Jet members.
Mapping SKU Relationships: In order to provide a good searching experience product which is related to some variation are grouped to a parent SKU. Again Jet relies on their partners to accurately provide the attribute as mentioned before and details about the variation to provide a consistent shopping experience.
But as all of you know there is no direct way to get your product listed at Jet.com and the only way you can do is the Jet Rest API available. We at Outsource Data Services have partnered with software companies which provide Jet Integration Extension which integrates with Jet.com through the rest API and provides product listing, order management and much more on Jet.com.